Email List Data Card
Democrats.com was founded in 2000 to mobilize progressive Democratic activists and voters to win elections and advocacy campaigns.
Since we began we have focused on building the biggest and most responsive email list of Democratic donors, voters and activists in the country and that’s why nearly every Democratic state party has bought our emails for nearly every competitive candidate since email fundraising took off in 2008.
With the restrictions on facebook fundraising, and recent texting restrictions, email will continue to be the most effective way to raise money, recruit volunteers and turnout supporters in 2022.
- How we maintain our list: We send 4-8 petition campaigns to our subscribers every month which keeps our list active and engaged. The petitions vary on issues including, but not limited to, voting rights, reproductive rights and the environment. We are sponsored by our partners and never ask for contributions.
- Who can use the Democrats.com list? We rent our list only to progressive Democratic candidates and advocacy groups, subject to individual approval. We suppress our partners’ lists before delivery.
- State and Local Candidates: With respect to candidates at the state and local level, we only rent names within the district who can actually vote for that candidate – we call this our “in-district rule.” This is how we avoid inundating our subscribers with emails from every candidate in the US, which would otherwise result in mass unsubscriptions from our list.
How can we help?
- Biden Voters: We have built an email list of every Biden voter we can reach – we now reach 33 million and we’re aiming for 81 million.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Mobilization: We have a list of over 10 million progressive activists that can be narrowed by state, congressional distinct, state house and zip code.
- District Specific: We can provide in-district emails to every Democratic candidate so they can raise more money, recruit more volunteers, and turn out more voters.
- Cell Phones: Our email list can be matched to include cell phone numbers so you can better communicate with donors, activists and voters.
- Voter Targeting: Our list can be matched to the voter file to help target your message to sporadic voting democrats, proven voting Democrats, and first time Biden voters.
National Count: 8,524,562
Statewide Email Counts State Counts
Democrats.com has two email lists for our clients to choose from
- Recent Opener: Opt-in subscribers collected through petitions and surveys who have opened one of our emails in the past two years
- Modeled: Likely democratic activists and supporters based on look-alike modeling.
Email services provided by Democrats.com
- Petition Options: $5 each – minimum $10,000 – 501(c)4 advocacy campaigns only
- Rental: $.05 each – minimum $5,000
- Democratic Voter Appends: $.20 each – minimum $5,000
(1) Petition Options include:
- Your text or HTML message, chaperoned by Democrats.com
- Link to petition on your site
- Clicks tracked on our server
- Client reports NTL options after 2 days for invoice
- If NTL options fall below $10,000 minimum, the balance is delivered as blast opens for $1.25 each
- Available to 501(c)4 advocacy campaigns only
(2) Rental broadcast includes:
- Your text or HTML message, including links to your site
- Typical measurable open rate: 15-20%
(3) Democratic Voter Appends include:
- Start with voter file selection, including any demographic or modeled criteria as available
- Pre-suppress emails you already have
- Match selected voters against highest-quality consumer opt-in email lists
- Match exact individuals, not households – 20-30% of voters
- Additional hygiene to remove known bounces and complainers
- Payment required before mailing
- Rentals receive full credit for undeliverables
- Click responses are tracked by Democrats.com and billed after 1 week with full credit/refund for falling below target
- Democratic candidates and progressive causes only, mailing must be approved
- No fundraising appeals – here’s why
- No attacks on Democrats (“Unity” is part of our logo!)
- Sent by Democrats.com with endorsement at the top by Bob Fertik
- Each e-mail includes a footer message from Democrats.com with an opt-out link for advertisements
For more information contact Democrats.com