Democrats.com has published news by and for Democrats and progressives since 2000 on our website and our network of social media pages.
We also send news via email to over 4,000,000 subscribers.
These are the editorial guidelines for news content published by our staff:
- We seek to be precise with our emails, images, and web presence.
- Our news team is responsible for verifying key information about the content we share, including correct names, factual statements, and attributions of quotes.
- They are responsible for conducting their own fact checking according to their own judgment, guided by our corrections, fact checking, and other relevant policies.
- We do not use abusive, hateful, derogatory or violent language. This includes racist, sexist and other discriminatory comments.
- We do not suggest or encourage violence or harassment.
- We respect the rights, diversity, and opinions of others, and recognize the difference between our intent and the impact our content can have on someone else.
- We do not make un-labeled third party solicitations or advertisements.
- We tell the truth based on credible information. We also express progressive Democratic opinions without apology.
- If we make a mistake, we correct it. If you see a mistake on a Democrats.com post, you are welcome to send a Facebook message, and we will verify it in accordance with our fact-checking policy and seek to issue a correction wherever the problem occurred.
Ownership and funding info
Democrats.com LLC is privately owned and is not controlled in any way by the Democratic Party or its candidates.